ONE FOR THE TEAM
Monday 8th August 2023Chorley & District League Div-2: Eagle & Child 'A' - Hind's Head 'A'
v JOHN BILSBORROW W 21-9
Despite being down to the bare bones of eight players available due to injury and absence, our promotion chasing team were still looking for a maximum points haul at home to Hind's Head to keep the pressure up on our rivals.
The result was eight winners from eight and a job well done
For the team's sake, it probably worked out well that I didn't get the toughest draw on the night. John had a few shots up his sleeve, but not consistently enough and after a tight first half dozen ends, I got in to a rhythm and began to break away.
Overall it was a decent performance actually and although John did send some occasional good ones to break my hold, he was chasing the game and generally found gaps or whizzed just by which was a relief after a few games of feeling I didn't get the little knocks going my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment