Blog Archive

24/02/2024

NEW SEASON DESIRE

As the new crown green season edges close enough to be on the anticipation radar, 
there is something different going on in my head (Well, a lot of people tell me that!) 
But what I mean is, the way I am thinking about the game of crown green and how I'm going to approach the new season
Three seasons of bowling has been an education and the learning never ends, but I've got some experience now and I'm feeling a fresh confidence and real determination to just play every bowl as well as I can, not get wound up when things don't go my way and let the results take care of themselves. 
At the moment, this is nowt but a strong desire and a visualisation stored in my head. But I need to hold that thought, for what goes on upstairs above the shoulders is a vital component in one's bowling armoury.
This has got to be the season to make some proper strides forward in the game. I feel that one or two at my club think I might have hit the dreaded plateau, so I'd like to prove a few folk wrong. Most importantly though, I need to prove to myself what I think I am capable of.
Without confusing desire with delusion, I can safely state there is still more to come from my bowling. The broader question is more about how far forward I can stride?
The new season gets off to a gradual start in a month's time, having entered the Longridge Singles again. I like the green at Longridge Cons and haven't made a total fool of myself there yet so it's a good one to enter and get practicing for.

No comments:

Post a Comment