Monday July 22nd 2024
CHORLEY & DISTRICT LEAGUE DIV-2:
Eagle & Child 'A' 160-123 Coppull 'A'v ALWYN JONES W 21-11
As our home green at the Eagle begins to recover, there's more grass on there now than I've ever seen on it. It seems quite sensible to me that it's not being cut too often or too hard. Whilst this means it runs a bit stiff at times and arguably an easier green to for visiting players to adapt to, there would seem little point in undoing the good work and scalping it, especially with the first dry spell of the whole year imminent.
The surface is improving all the time and finally I'm starting to gain a bit of confidence on there again. It's only taken a few months!
This match started out a very close affair against left hander Alwyn. There was nothing in it for a long spell. I might have got to double figures first but my opponent had a good spell to come back and should really have punished me harder with his second bowl maybe three or four times. As such, I still had a point lead at 12-11 but then suddenly found good length and put a good run together. As I gained more belief, Alwyn's seemed to sap and it was a combination of a block of good consistent bowling from myself and Alwyn just not putting them up as well as he was earlier that helped me see the game out from that point.
With seven winners on the night, a crucial point scoring evening for the team in our efforts to stave off a relegation threat.
No comments:
Post a Comment