Blog Archive

22/08/2025

TIME TO GIVE UP THE GHOST AT FARINGTON OPEN

Friday 15th August 2025
FARINGTON OPEN SINGLES
First Qualifying Round
v TERRY McMULLAN (Chorley) L 10-21

It's time to knock this annual sacrilege on the head I reckon. I don't know what it is about Farington Cons or Farington Bowling Club as it's been renamed. It's a brilliant green kept in superb condition and yet I just can't seem to play my bowls on there with any sort of consistency.
I played half a game here against one of Chorley's finest and despite Terry playing very well and keeping the upper hand, I was contesting most ends and felt I was still in the game until 8-11. Then I roll two short clangers which seemed to set a presidence for losing my way. From then on if I got the length, the land was a bit out and vice versa. Meanwhile Terry wasn't letting up and the game slipped away in to a straight forward route to the second round for my opponent.
Disappointed to say the least. I can play better, I have been playing much better but seemed to do no better than I have done in the past here in terms of at least pushing someone to really work for their win.
I'll have another go in a more distant future perhaps, but next year spare myself the Friday night rush around and twenty quid hit for what has turned out to be a ritual hammering.


No comments:

Post a Comment