BACK TO REALITY
12/5/22Leyland & District League Div-4: New Longton 'B' 186-160 Eagle & Child Reds
v GEOFF MYERSCOUGH L 12-21
A record run of five successive wins in all competitions came to an abrupt termination at New Longton.
Taking absolutely nothing away from Geoff Myerscough - who thoroughly deserved the win - I didn't feel I gave him a close enough game that I felt I was capable of.
Geoff proved to be a very tidy home bowler and particularly on the way to building up an 11-2 advantage. His lead bowls were very good and whilst the odd time I was a touch unlucky, basically I wasn't getting close enough and not reading the pace of the green well.
Geoff's game did drop off a bit and the second half of the match was 10-10... trying to muster a positive spin on things, anyway.
I struggled with the New Longton green, not so much on finding the correct line, but the correct weight and as such, recent confidence drained away. It can be tough away from home in this game though and if there is a lesson to be learned, it's not to get too used to winning!
As I departed, captain Harry Glynn was his usual dry and matter of fact self, telling me, "Note from teacher; Must do better!" 😆
That goes for all of us, going down to a third team defeat in four matches and loitering at second from bottom in the table.
No comments:
Post a Comment