EASY PICKINGS FOR TOP BLOCK
18/5/22Eagle Members League Div-1
v PHIL BRADSHAW L 10-21 (Off 3-3)
For Phil, this was little more than a bit of extra practice on a Wednesday night. For me, a big match that I was looking forward to.
The opportunity to play our club's 'Top Block' was my second fixture on the Members League card and although a likely defeat in prospect, having played some good stuff against a good left-hander two nights previous, I felt I could squeeze more points out this game than expected.
Unfortunately though, I didn't hit the heights of Monday night. I wasn't finding accurate length at all and anything less against Mr Bradshaw just doesn't get you very far.
I think I dragged Phil down a bit to start off with, managing to win one of the first three rather raggy looking ends. But then he started getting to the target more often and I just wasn't getting in there to threaten. I didn't do enough to push him from the comfort of cruise control.
I did manage to put a few good shots together to notch more points than I felt my overall game was worth, but all in all I was a bit disappointed not to make a better account of myself against top mon Phil.
He said I'd improved, but perhaps he was being kind. He offered me some good advice about tactics and got the feeling this chap knows the game inside-out. Not only one to watch, but one to listen to.
No comments:
Post a Comment