HOT, BOTHERED, BUT WON
11/7/22Chorley & District League Div-3: Eagle & Child 'A' 168-113 Horwich RMI 'B'
v PETER SCHOFIELD W 21-14
It was a sticky evening in which even sitting still was a sweaty affair, so maybe that's partially a reason for getting myself in to a frustrated tizz.
I wasn't playing brilliant, but was just about keeping my nose in front against Peter and with our green running very quick, should have played a more patient game and accepted I'm simply not good enough to play good bowl after good bowl as I would like to.
The scorecard never had much in it until around the 12-11 mark when I did start to hit better shots with more frequency and pulled away to make it look more comfortable a win than it was.
This was our second meeting, having played Peter in my first proper league match last season.
Somehow I haf completely overlooked his t-shirt print with an image of Ron Hill in his prime. Harry Derbyshire points out that Peter, recently an octagenarian, was a fellrunner which pricked my ears and I discover he's a life-long member and President of Horwich RMI Harriers no less. We had a good chat after the game about running, rather than bowling.
On the night, our team were back on track with ten wins out of ten to hold on to top spot.
The scorecard never had much in it until around the 12-11 mark when I did start to hit better shots with more frequency and pulled away to make it look more comfortable a win than it was.
This was our second meeting, having played Peter in my first proper league match last season.
Somehow I haf completely overlooked his t-shirt print with an image of Ron Hill in his prime. Harry Derbyshire points out that Peter, recently an octagenarian, was a fellrunner which pricked my ears and I discover he's a life-long member and President of Horwich RMI Harriers no less. We had a good chat after the game about running, rather than bowling.
On the night, our team were back on track with ten wins out of ten to hold on to top spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment