Blog Archive

18/07/2022

LEAGUE RUN HITS THE WALLWORK

13/7/22
Eagle Members League Div-1
v JAMES WALLWORK L 13-21 (Off 3-3)

Winning ways in the Members League hit the wall when returning to Wednesday night action as James Wallwork outplayed me on the Eagle green to take a well deserved first victory. It's been coming for James, despite a losing run in the competition so far, he's not been an easy player to beat for any of his opponents. 
It was one of those nights when I just wasn't feeling it and couldn't quite get in against my opponent's bowls. The road in was often correct, but pace was the issue most of the night and either a bit long or a bit short, generally it wasn't good enough against James who took to the fast running conditions extremely well.
If I could have hit the level of the previous night's match then perhaps I could have pushed James a bit closer, but conceding a series of two's stung me after a fairly even first half dozen ends. Hearing 8-16 called, I rallied back to 13-17 but it was like pulling teeth, winning only very tight singles before eventually James broke my resistance and finished the job off.
The daydream of finishing in the top positions might well be over after this reality check, but the realistic aim of top six certainly remains intact and currently placed fourth, there's still plenty to play for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment