Blog Archive

01/07/2023

POOR LEADS PROVE COSTLY

Monday 26th June 2023
Chorley & District League Div-2: Eagle & Child 'A' - Black Horse 'A'
v GRAHAM ALTY L 15-21

Graham was quickly on to the current climate of our Eagle green and gave me a tough game of bowls. No freebies or gifts from the Black Horse player, every point had to be earned with a decent delivery.
If it wasn't for poor lead bowls I could have run him closer. Frustration began to set in as despite not having a run in charge of the block of note, Graham began to pull away and my leads continued to let me down.
At 13-17, a real opportunity to get within touching distance holding two peaches wrapped around the jack. But Graham tapped them out and won the end, thanking me for leaving a big target.
I didn't play poorly overall, but in patches and got disappointed with myself. Two woefully short woods that assisted Graham to go all-but was the final straw and I took out my tantrum on the nearest metal object, which happened to be a support post of the visitors stand. Not the wisest choice to release tension.
I seem to be putting a lot of pressure on myself to stay in this team, pressure on myself to win home games like life depends on it... I've got to try and relax about it. Ultimately it's the only way to achieve both.
Despite my defeat, which included four losses from our first four players on, our back four did superbly against this strong team from Croston to get the wins back and enough chalks to win the match. 

No comments:

Post a Comment