Chorley & District League Div-2: Eagle & Child 'A' (137) 6-4 Croston Wheatsheaf 'B' (126)
v MARK THOMPSON W 21-10
I did have the lion's share of fortune to then edge a way in to the lead, but I was playing quite well and managed to uproot Mark's early dominance. My opponent was still dangerous though and aside from one gift of two from the Croston bowler, it was a game of slight margins and points were hard earned. Very decent bowls had to be put up to count.
A good run of lead bowling pushed the scores well in to my favour and Mark was rightly a little shell shocked given the closeness of the game end to end. But how I've been on the recieving end of that a few times lately. The score doesn't always reflect the picture of how the game went. I was just grateful I was on it this evening and had to be. Still room for improvement, but starting to feel a lot more in control of my bowling again. It's a funny old game for sure.
Mark's dad is my Thursday night teammate Chris Thompson who has sadly been very unwell lately. Glad to hear he is now slowly on the mend, we've missed Chris in that team and no coincidence our team form has slumped since his absence of aonth or so.
Back to this team though and although victory Swas a much needed one, only by the slender advantage of the aggregate. We were hopeful for more than just the four winners, however we still replaced Hesketh Bank for second spot who lost to leaders Hoghton and visit the West Lancashire plains next week trying to defend our position.
No comments:
Post a Comment