Blog Archive

21/08/2026

BACK TO BEING BOLD AND POSITIVE

Monday 17th August 2026
Chorley & District League Div-2: Eagle & Child 'A' (139) 3-8 Anderton St Joseph's (147)
v MICK ROSCOE W 21-12

Starting this game positively, making sure I reach up and get my arm working fluently was the main aim and did me no harm, getting off to a strong start and leaving my opponent with a chase on his hands. Leading 15-5, a few ends I wasn't happy with but generally in good form and putting the leads up. 

I could see Mick was far from a pushover though and he rallied well to break up my dominance, particularly as a deluge of summer rain took hold, but I was still picking up enough bits and bobs to see the game out without getting twitchy. On the last end Mick was holding two, but I ran through to take the jack with a very satisfying hit, finishing the match off just like Henry finished me off last Friday. What goes around comes around in this game. 

A poor evening from a team point of view with only three points collected in a home fixture and Anderton passing us in third place after this win. Coppull away last game is unlikely to be very fruitful, so a top half finish from a cluster of six teams all very close is probably as good as it will get. 


No comments:

Post a Comment